We are friendly and warm-hearted. Are you dynamic and passionate to spread the Good News? Then come and join us in Melbourne, Australia! We are a bilingual, independent Evangelical/Lutheran congregation. We have a German heritage but are now well established in our multi-cultural community. We are looking for a Pastor to lead us for the next five years.
In addition to traditional forms of worship, we see our future increasingly in modern and creative forms. For this, we need an open-minded personality with appropriate experience, talents and ideas.
To receive a copy of the full Job Description and Key Selection Criteria, please contact Chrissy Kelly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SHORT POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position: Full-time Pastor
St. John’s German Lutheran Parish, Springvale
- Accredited qualification in theology and be eligible for ordination within the Lutheran church (mandatory)
- Fluent in the spoken and written German language with an ability to preach in German (highly desirable)
- 5 years initially, thereafter negotiable; a six-month probationary period will apply
- Flexible – as soon as practicable
Overview of St. Johns
- We are a predominantly German-speaking congregation founded in 1960 to provide a spiritual and cultural home away from home for the large wave of German migration at that time. Since then we have become integrated and well established as a bi-lingual community. The congregation has a strong connection to their Lutheran heritage that continues to this day.
- We would like, together with you, to implement a new way forward; for example, to introduce alternative forms of worship. In particular, our goal is to reach out to a younger generation whilst supporting the existing, largely senior congregation.
- We are also very involved with the Martin Luther Homes, an aged care facility
- Our new meeting facilities opened in March 2022 and we are re-activating our groups post-COVID
- The church is fully committed to sustainability and to being good custodians of God’s creation
- An effective and inspirational worship leadership in German and English
- An understanding of the pastoral role as the leader and role model for the congregation
- An interest and willingness to develop a ministry for younger, English-speaking people
- An ability to work independently and seek peer support in addition to guidance provided by Elders
- Proven ability to administratively manage a church, with a good grasp of governance principles
Additional Information: Position Description and Key Selection Criteria are available on request
Closing date: 17 October 2022
Please contact: Chrissy Kelly email@example.com
* As a Lutheran church under the theological oversight of the EKD, female Pastors are encouraged to apply
* Please be aware that in the State of Victoria, Voluntary Assisted Dying (VAD) has been legislated